Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter in the Village!


Easter gifts I put together for my neighbors and coworkers
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love everything about it. My family and I usually go to our friends house and have Easter egg coloring and Easter lunch, but the past two years I haven't gone. Last year I was in the Philippines and this year I am in Alaska. I, however, made this year a special treat. I made each of my coworkers a nice little gift basket and delivered them. I also made myself some hard boiled eggs and bread. Unfortunately, I couldn't color my eggs, but they still tasted pretty good. The thing I love the most about Easter, though, is Easter services at church. I wish I could be there in person, but I'll settle on watching my church's service online. There are a few people that I know I would die for if I knew it meant saving their lives. My sister. My brother. My parents and cousins. What Jesus did wasn't just for a few people. It was for all of this that don't even deserve it! That amazes me so much and I love hearing pastors talk about it on Easter Sunday mornings because every year it seems more and more incredible that he could love me that much.
My non painted hard boiled Easter eggs
Homemade bread, yum!










In other news two things happened this week. 

First, I finished my very first scarf project. It is kind of short, and not completely straight along the edges, but other than that it turned out pretty good. I'm planning on giving it to my dad when I go visit for the summer. I'm also going to start making one for my brother this next week. 

The scarf I finished making for my dad this week.
It's not perfect, but it didn't turn out too bad!

The second thing that happened was my snow machine was fixed. I really appreciate Paul's help in doing that. Without him, I would have had no idea what to do. He also taught me a few things about my snow machine and how to properly use it. I was a little bit uncomfortable with it at first because of how different it is than a car. But then, my friend that sold it to me took me out driving and the longer we rode around, the more comfortable I became. Now, I feel like a pro and I can do anything. Okay, that is a little bit of a stretch, but I am much more comfortable on it and do trust that I know what I'm doing.
My friend taking me out for
snow machine driving lessons
Beautiful view at the dock
At the airport, watching a plane take off
Sun setting around 8:15. It was amazing










I hope everyone has a fantastic Easter! Remember, God's love was brought to save you and me :) Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I think the scarf turned out pretty good!! the snow shots are wonderful and especially like to see the airplane on the snow.

    ReplyDelete