Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Longest and Shortest Months

For my loyal readers I would just like to apologize for the long absence. The title of this blog should give you some indication as to what the last two months have been like. January always feels so long out here. I'm not quite sure why, especially when it is followed by such a short month. There has been a lot going on out here, whether it is severe weather changes or constant activities going on in the school gym, there hasn't been a lot of time to take pictures and write about it. But I have taken this opportunity to go through a few of the things that have happened this year. 
One of the Science Fair projects
had to do with finger prints
Playing in the snow
The month of January consisted of ball games every weekend and when I did go, it always seemed that for some reason I had left my camera at home or something of the sort. I did however remember my camera on the 100th day of school. My students and I did a few fun activities. First, we wrote 100 words that we learned over the course of the first 100 days of school. We also made necklaces with 100 Fruit Loops. The kids loved this and enjoyed the process of eating their necklaces even more than making them. 
100th Day of School Fruit Loop Necklace
100 Words we've learned to read and write

February did genuinely fly by. There were so many things going on. We had Spirit Week. The days were as follows:
Monday- Nerd Day
My Nerd Outfit
Tuesday- Crazy Hair Day
My Crazy Hair with a cup to make it stand up
Wednesday- Pajama Day
Tweety bird pajamas
Thursday- Superhero Day 
(no picture available)
Friday- Brave Day (Wear purple and white)
Pumped up for Brave Day
I always loved Spirit Week, but unfortunately it didn't seem like the kids got into it as much as I would have liked, so I only have the pictures of me dressed up to share. February also brought the Science Fair, but I was detained from going and seeing the experiments. I do know that one of my previous students got first place and another student got second place. We also had a fun filled day playing in the snow although there is much more ice and it did rain on us while we were doing that. Finally, February ended with Potlatch. It wasn't as crowded and packed as it had been last year I believe because our high school boys basketball team was playing in the championship game during that time. But it was a lot of fun to see everyone together and I got a few good pictures of the event.
A teacher's son "looking for treasure" in the snow
In my opinion, January is always the longest month of the school year and February is always the shortest month, so now that they are both out of the way, the rest of the school year should have some very interesting things happening that I will be glad to share. Here's to another eventful month, this time with my camera close at hand!

Walking to Potlatch, beautiful sunset
Some people found a cozy place to
sleep during the festivities










During one of the dances

1 comment:

  1. always glad to see your updates Culea and the photos of your students.

    ReplyDelete