Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ice On The River

Our referee for a few games/volleyball coach
Last week was a dreadful week! Being a teacher is hardest just a few times a year, and when report cards are due is one of those times. Fortunately, I finished all of my grading and what not, but it is a lot of extra stress and worry for one solid week. 

It started snowing!
On top of that, there was a volleyball tournament hosted here this weekend. It was a lot of fun, but the teachers have to do a lot of work for these things such as line judging and officiating, and score keeping. I like doing score keeping, so I did that for all the games. By yesterday afternoon when I came home I just passed out for a while, because I was so exhausted. 

Ice floating down the river
I woke up from my nap and decided to go get some things from my classroom so I could get some stuff done and ran into two of the other teachers heading to the store. I caught a ride with them since it seemed like the thing to do. 

On our way we drove down beside the slough, and looked over to see ice chunks heading down the slough. It was beautiful. It was the real first sign of winter coming. Soon the river will be frozen over, snow will completely cover the ground, and everyone will get their snowmobiles out to play.

Soon it will be completely frozen over
 I'm looking forward to it because there are many other things to do once the snow settles in. It opens a whole new world of adventures for me. 
Add caption





Sorry that this post isn't very long, like I said it was a very busy week. If I wasn't in my classroom, I was in my bed asleep! Hope you enjoy seeing the fun pictures from a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Even a short post is better than none - love hearing all about your time up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the pictures. Can't wait to see the river ice over. Hope you catch up on your rest!

    ReplyDelete